Terms & Conditions
The following as amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale, constitutes the entire terms and conditions on which property listed in the catalogue shall be offered for sale or sold by Lilly’s Inc. dba Lilly Auction & Gallery, (“Lilly’s”), and any consignor of such property for whom we act as agent. By bidding at an auction, whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone or other means, the buyer or bidder agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults. There are no warranties or representations of merchantability, of fitness, nor of any other kind, express or implied. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials or any other feature of items being sold. Lilly’s attempts to catalog every lot correctly and will attempt to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the catalog or other descriptions of the lot. We recommend prospective bidders examine all items in which they have an interest. By placing a bid, either in person, by phone, absentee or via the Internet, you signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire to or that you have chosen not to examine them. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you have an expert examine the lot for you or do not bid on the item in question.
2. All property is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” and neither Lilly’s nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to property or its value, and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, authorship, completeness, condition of property or estimate of value. No statement (oral or written) in this catalog, at the sale, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation, or any assumption of responsibility. All measurements are approximate.
3. The successful bidder is the highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer. In the event of any dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on Lilly’s part as to the validity of any bid, the auctioneer will have the final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Lilly’s sale record is conclusive.
4. The purchaser assumes full responsibility for items at the fall of the hammer.
5. As a convenience to customers, absentee bids and phone bids will be executed by Lilly’s personnel in a competitive and confidential manner. Phone bid arrangements must be made 24 hours prior to start of the auction. Lilly’s will not be responsible for failure to execute absentee or phone bids.
Gerald R. Lilly NCAL #7526, NCFL #8270